Thursday 6 September 2012

ONCE UPON A TIME ...

It's hard to believe that it’s been a year since The Lady of Names premiered at the Toronto Independent Film Festival. I could never have anticipated the roller coaster ride the film would take during that year. To date, The Lady of Names has garnered 7 major awards and has been an official selection of 18 film festivals. I am currently awaiting responses from a number of upcoming festivals which will hopefully see The Lady of Names screening into the spring of 2013.

The Lady of Names has been described to me as a throwback to a more innocent time. Even though it is a new film, it seems to illicit memories of one's childhood. Those who have had a chance to see it have experienced a nostalgia that is hard to express. Simply put, they just don't make films like this anymore.

My hope upon completing The Lady of Names was that I had made something that didn't suck. Something that might in some way justify the time and effort put into it. I am both surprised and humbled by the response. I would like to thank the many festivals for programming The Lady of Names and their hard working staff for helping promote it. I have received words of support and encouragement from friends, from fans and from total strangers. The fact that you have taken the time to follow/write/like the film is, in my eyes, astonishing and deeply rewarding. I send you all my sincerest thanks.

I hope you will follow along as The Lady of Names continues on its journey.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment